iPlus Breaks the Dental Speed Barrier
- Faster than the drill, without the delay of anesthetic
- Patented laser technology delivers 10 watts of power
- Up to 100 pulses/sec. for superior soft-tissue cutting
- Enables multi-quadrant same-day procedures
iPlus Enables Painless Biological Dentistry
- Painless – no shot necessary
- No micro-fractures or thermal damage
- NO cross contamination as with bur
- More precise, minimally invasive
For more information visit biolase.com/products/iplus/
What is DIAGNOdent and how does it work?
- DIAGNOdent uses laser technology as an aid to detect and quantify hidden or sub-surface caries by measuring laser fluorescence within the tooth structure.
- The device operates at a wavelength of 655 nm. At this specific wavelength, clean healthy tooth structure exhibits little or no fluorescence, resulting in very low scale readings on the display.
- Altered tooth substances and bacteria, including caries, will fluoresce. The DIAGNOdent will react with elevated scale readings on the display.
- An audio tone allows the operator to hear changes in the scale values. This enables the user to focus on the patient — not solely on the device.
- The DIAGNOdent is an extremely accurate, reliable and non-invasive method to aid in caries detection. The device is successfully used by more than 20,000 dental professionals in the United States and is integrated into the curriculum of a growing number of dental schools.
- DIAGNOdent offers the following benefi ts to you, your hygienist and your patients:
- Accurate – Over 90% accurate to aid in the detection of lesions not detectable with an explorer or bitewing X-rays.*
- Conservative – Helps prevent “exploratory” excavation or undertreatment of suspect teeth.
- Quantifi able – Precise, reliable measurement allows objective monitoring of caries activity over time.
- Confidence Builder – Allows dentists and hygienists to treat questionable sites and sub-surface caries with confi dence.
- Empowering – Allows hygienists to educate patients on caries disease process.
- Marketing Tool – High patient acceptance, great for marketing your practice and treatment philosophies.
- Interactivity engages patients in examination process.
- Easy to Use – Compact, portable device with user-friendly design.
- Safe – Uses light energy — no X-ray exposure.
- Poses no danger to staff and patients. Painless, non-invasive examination for patients.
The DIAGNOdent pen is a hand-held laser caries detection aid that provides the same high detection accuracy as the DIAGNOdent. Sub-surface caries lesions can be extremely difficult to detect using an explorer. Prospective usage:
- Ideal for offices that already use the DIAGNOdent and would like to have the added mobility of the hand-held DIAGNOdent pen unit
- Ideal for dentists to confirm the precise location of the lesion prior to restorative treatment following an initial exam by the hygienist
For more information visit kavousa.com/US/DIAGNOdent/Pen.aspx